Oh tough questions! Here is what I found in my research. If you don’t feel like reading and just want to get straight to the point I suggest you just read the last quote from Forerunner Commentary, makes one think.
- Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death is the man who deceives his neighbor and says, “I am only joking!”Proverbs 26:18-19
- Children were mocking and teasing Elisha, and 2 bears came out and mauled them. See 2 Kings 2:23-24
- Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy in spirit keeps a thing covered. Proverbs 11:13
- Be careful about what you say. Don’t say something without thinking. See Proverbs 29:11
- No foul word should ever cross your lips; let your words be for the improvement of others, as occasion offers, and do good to your listeners; Ephesians 4:29
- Don’t speak foolishness, no innuendo, no swearing or rude jokes, instead be thankful.See Ephesians 5:4
- And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right.James 3:10
- There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers. Proverbs 6:16-19
Continue reading “Is teasing a sin?”
Spiritual pride, many suffer from it AND they don’t even realize how their spiritual pride is affecting others. By the way, pride is a deadly sin…
When one says things like Salvation won’t come to you because you do this and that… then this person is putting themselves on a pedestal, they are making themselves better than the other person. Remember, when you’re pointing the finger at someone three other fingers are point your direction.
You cannot be half a saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all. St. Therese of Lisieux
Actually, someone once said this to me I will keep on bullying as long as I can convert others. In my opinion there is much pride in that statement. Bullying is never right and everyone in their right mind should agree with that. Bullying means taking advantage of someone. Is taking advantage of someone ever a good thing? NO! Never! A bully tries to show others that they are the boss and that they are better than everyone else, they belittle others.
There’s a lot of I in that statement. It’s all about me!
…until I can convert other. Who converts who? Doesn’t conversion come from God? Isn’t conversion a choice that has to come from within? We can help bring conversion but we can’t convert someone. Sounds like this person was trying to take credit for God’s work. Continue reading “Spiritual pride”